Christ Church has a long history as one of the churches forming the three spires of Coventry. However, following the destruction of the Church in 1941 only the spire remains on the old site. The modern Christ Church lies a few miles south of the city centre in Cheylesmore, an area that attracts a number of students from both the Coventry and Warwick Universities.
All that remains of Christ church is the spire. The rest was destroyed in an air raid on 8th. April 1941.